1. Run a 10k- I highly doubt this one is going to happen
2. Send a handwritten note once a month.
- July: Sent a letter to one of my closest friends
- August: Sent at letter to a friend and another to one of my cousins
- September: Sent a card to one of my friends for her birthday
3. Stay in better touch with friends from home.
- July: Visited with two of my friends, hung out with another friend, and IM’d with another friend for quite awhile
- August: Went out to dinner with one of my friends, hung out with the same friend, went to the movies with a different friend, talked on the phone with another friend, and hung out with another friend
- September: Exchanged letters with one of my friends, talked with them on the phone, and had a short visit with them
4. Get physically fit.
- July: Hiked 3 or 4 times, swam 3 times, and went on a couple of walks
- August: Swam once, hiked 2 times, and did yoga once
- September: did yoga several times
5. Hike the Inca Trail.
- Completed 4/18/2014
6. Read 1 book a month.
- July: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone by J.K. Rowling
- August: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince, and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (all by J.K. Rowling)
7. Make a quilt- not yet completed
8. Take more photos (at least 1 a week).
- July: took quite a few (over 40 the entire month)
- August: took quite a few (about 40)
- September: I’ve taken a lot, although most are of my room 🙂
9. Learn to make at least 2 new meals- completed
10. Finish Switzerland scrapbook.
- Although I scrapbooked quite a bit this summer, I actually didn’t make any progress on this
11. Go to bed earlier and get up earlier.
- July: I didn’t really go to bed that early, but also didn’t go to bed really late, the same was true in the morning
- August: I stayed up later more often and didn’t get up as early in the morning
- September: I went to bed pretty early and usually got up fairly early, but need to work a bit on getting up in the morning
12. Journal daily.
- July/August: I didn’t really journal much at all
- September: I didn’t journal daily, but did journal a bit
13. Drink at least 1 bottle of water a day.
- July/August: some days I was good about this, other days I was not
- September: Pretty much every day
14. Limit junk food.
- July: I didn’t eat much
- August: Once fair hit, I ate a ton of junk food, so I’d say this month I kind of failed on this one
- September: Failed again- being back at college makes it a lot more difficult
15. Eat fruits/veggies every day.
- July/August- yes!
- September- not really (it’s so much harder at college!)
16. Go on a picnic- nope :(.
17. Have a snowball fight- nope.
18. Bike S. River- made it about half way
19. Make a terrarium- no.
20. Plant a tree
- Completed in May (planted 250 Christmas trees)
I did well the past three months with several of these, but have really slacked on the ones related to healthier living. I really need to eat healthier (both by limiting junk food and by eating more fruits and vegetables) and exercise more.