I posted my last update in the middle of May, so I’m going to finish up the month of May and June.
1. Run a 10k- ummmm….I haven’t even been running at all
2. Send a handwritten note once a month.
- May: letter to a friend
- June: graduation cards, a note to a friend in a book I gave them as a gift
3. Stay in better touch with friends from home.
- May: visited with friends
- June: skyped with one of my friends once, dinner with another friend once
4. Get physically fit.
- May: hiked, walked, kayaked
- June: hiked, walked, kayaked
5. Hike the Inca Trail
- Completed 4/18/2014
6. Read 1 book a month.
- May: Orphan Train by Christina Baker Kline
- June: The Secret of Raven Point by Jennifer Vanderbes
7. Make a quilt- not yet completed
8. Take more photos (at least 1 a week)
- May: some, but not a ton
- June: quite a bit more, but not quite once a week
9. Learn to make at least 2 new meals- completed
- May: Grilled chicken and potatoes, pizza bread, goulash,
- June: Chicken cordon bleu with rice
10. Finish Switzerland scrapbook- not completed yet
11. Go to bed earlier and get up earlier
- May/June: not so great on the getting to bed earlier, but better on the getting up earlier
12. Journal Daily
- May/June: I kinda slacked, but I’m in the process of catching up, so that counts, right?
13. Drink at least 1 bottle of water a day
- I’m definitely better at this one at college, but when I’m working, I do drink at least one bottle of water per day
14. Limit junk food
- For the most part, I’ve done pretty good on this one- s’mores and sweets is definitely my weakness, though
15. Eat fruits/veggies every day
- When home, I’m actually really good about this one- I’ve been eating a lot of frozen blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, watermelon, cantaloupe, green beans, carrots, and salad
16. Go on a picnic- not yet!
17. Have a snowball fight- not yet
18. Bike S. River Rd.
- I haven’t made it all the way down to the end and back, but I did go about half way down one day with my brother, so this one is kind of half-finished
19. Make a terrarium- not yet
20. Plant a tree- Completed in May!
Overall, I feel like I’ve been sticking to my goals a lot better this year. I definitely need to improve on some things before December, though!