I thought that, in order to remind myself of my yearly goals, that I will post an update on what I have accomplished from my “20 Before 21” list each month. I got a little behind due to last weeks of classes, finals week, and my 3-week trip to Peru, so here is what I have accomplished in the months of March, April, and May.
1. Run a 10k. -Not yet completed
2. Send a handwritten note once a month.
- March: I sent a letter to my friend, Kristine.
- April: I’m pretty sure I sent something, but I really can’t remember.
- May: not yet
3. Stay in better touch with friends from home.
- March: skyped with friends twice, spent a weekend with 2 of my friends
- April: briefly saw one of my friends
- May: will be seeing my friends this coming weekend!
4. Get physically fit.
- March: gym several times, a couple of walks, hiked twice
- April: Peru- hiked the Inca Trail, walked several miles each day, lots of stairs, lots of uphill hikes
- May: a couple of hikes, some walks
5. Hike the Inca Trail.- Completed April 18, 2014!!!!
6. Read 1 book a month.
- March: The Time Keeper by Mitch Albom (read it in 1 day!)
- April: Turn Right at Machu Picchu by Mark Adams
- May: Orphan Train by Christina Baker Kline
7. Make a quilt. -Not yet completed
8. Take more photos (at least 1 a week)
- March: took quite a few
- April: took LOTS (in Peru)
- May: not so many, need to do better
9. Learn to make at least 2 new meals. -Completed!
- May: Chicken and potatoes on the grill with fried zucchini, goulash, tacos
10. Finish Switzerland scrapbook. -Haven’t yet made any progress on this one
11. Go to bed earlier and get up earlier.
- March: didn’t do so well on this one
- April: a bit better on getting up early (in Peru, there were several mornings we got up around 3 AM), but we stayed up late (totally worth it though)
- May: so far, doing quite well
12. Journal daily.
- March: kept up with my journal until about halfway through the month, and then kind of just stopped
- April: not so well, but did journal daily (in Spanish) while in Peru
- May: not at all so far 😦
13. Drink at least 1 bottle of water a day
- March: yes!
- April: yes!
- May: not so great so far
14. Limit junk food.
- March: not so great
- April: first half, didn’t do so well, but did well once we went to Peru
- May: pretty good so far
15. Eat fruits/veggies every day.
- March: good
- April: good
- May: good so far
16. Go on a picnic. -Still looking forward to!
17. Have a snowball fight.
18. Bike S. River Rd. -Waiting for summer!
19. Make a terrarium. -Not yet
20. Plant a tree. -Completed! Planted 250 Christmas trees with my grandpa