Seeing as I’m at college away from much of what I love, I thought I’d share what I find little pleasures in. They aren’t big things, just the little things that bring a smile to my face and help me to enjoy my day.
- Soup (homemade chicken noodle if possible) on a cold or rainy day
- A little bit of time alone with just my thoughts
- A cup of tea
- Snuggling up with a blanket
- Reading a good book
- Doing something creative, even if that just means painting for five minutes
- Looking at pictures of loved ones
- Talking with my dad or mom
- Sitting outside in the shade with a breeze
- Listening to classical music, preferably performed by a string orchestra
- Taking a walk outside
- The pitter-patter of rain
- Rolling thunderstorms
- Eating chocolate ice cream
- Spending a few minutes with friends
- Freshly washed linens
- Taking a long, hot shower (or bath if possible)
- Washing the dishes
- Folding clothes
I love that many of these can be enjoyed even when I am two hours away from home and I reside in a tiny dorm room. Many of these I enjoyed today. I spoke with my dad while sitting on a bench under a tree with a breeze blowing through. I washed and folded clothes (the washing wasn’t too fun, but I enjoyed folding the clothes). I painted (finishing up the project I mentioned yesterday).
I’d also like to share a quote that I keep looking at because it makes me smile every time:
“Some people make your laugh a little louder, your smile a little brighter, and your life a little better.” *
Isn’t that so true? So tell me, what little pleasures do you have?
*I don’t know who this quote is by, so if anyone knows, please let me know.